Spicy Zucchini Noodles with Extra Tomatoes Pasta Sauce
4 cups zucchini noodles (See notes below)
1/3 cup red bell pepper, chopped
1/3 cup orange bell pepper, chopped
1/3 cup yellow bell pepper, chopped
2-3 cloves garlic, chopped or pressed
2 Tbsp canola oil, divided
1 cup DelGrosso Extra Tomatoes Sauce
2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, divided
Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in large sauté pan on medium heat.
- Sauté zucchini noodles until they are soft. Season with salt and pepper. The last minute of sautéing, add 1-2 cloves of garlic and stir through.
- In separate pan, heat 1 Tbsp oil and sauté red, orange, and yellow bell peppers until soft and caramelized. Season with salt and pepper. The last minute of sautéing, add the rest of the garlic and stir through.
- In small pot heat sauce on medium/low heat. Add 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes and mix through.
- Serve zucchini noodles on a plate or in a bowl, add sauce, then top with chopped peppers.
- Sprinkle remainder of crushed red pepper flakes.
Many stores now carry packaged zucchini noodles in the produce section with precut vegetables. If using whole zucchini, you can put them in a spiralizer to make the noodles, or julienne slice the zucchini to make thin strips. To make this dish even spicier, use hot peppers instead of sweet. To make this dish less spicy, eliminate the red pepper flakes. Zucchini noodles are often referred to as zoodles.