Beef Tips Italiana with Mushroom Pasta Sauce
Serves: 4 to 6
3 Tbsp olive oil, divided
2 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
2 lb. beef sirloin tips
1 red bell pepper, cut into cubes
1 yellow bell pepper, cut into cubes
1 8 oz package sliced mushrooms
1 medium onion, diced
½ cup red wine
2 cups DelGrosso Mushroom Sauce
½ cup water
8 oz shredded mozzarella cheeseSalt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil and garlic in skillet; add beef.
- Salt and pepper meat to taste.
- Stir-fry beef until liquid from meat is absorbed.
- Place beef tips in a 2-quart casserole dish.
- In the same skillet, add remaining olive oil, and stir fry peppers and onions for 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and stir fry for two additional minutes.
- Place vegetables in a casserole dish with beef tips.
- Add red wine to drippings in skillet and whisk.
- Cook for one minute then add puttanesca sauce and water.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour mixture over beef and vegetables. Bake uncovered for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
- Remove casserole from oven and sprinkle shredded cheese over top.
- Return to oven and broil until cheese is melted.
Substitute chicken or tofu for beef. Instead of baking in a casserole dish, spoon beef tips in sauce on a sub roll, add cheese, and broil until cheese is melted to make a delicious sandwich.