Cheesy Sausage Skillet with Garlic and Cheese Pasta Sauce
Quick to make
1.5 pounds sweet Italian sausage
1 large onion, sliced
1 bell pepper, sliced
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 cups DelGrosso Garlic and Cheese Sauce
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
salt and pepper to taste
granulated garlic to taste
- Cook sausage in large skillet on medium heat until browned on all sides and cooked through.
- In large skillet sauté onions and peppers until caramelized. Season with salt, pepper, and granulated garlic.
- Remove sausage from skillet and let rest for five minutes, then slice into pieces on a diagonal. Remove grease from skillet and discard.
- Place sausage back into skillet and top with peppers and onions. Add sauce and mix through.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over sausage, place lid on skillet, and cook on medium-high for 10 minutes until sauce is heated through and cheese is melted.
- Serve with a salad, Italian bread, or side of pasta.
Experiment with different cheeses to melt on top such as provolone or asiago and top with Parmesan or Romano. To make a sub, place sausage, peppers, onions, and melted cheese on a roll, then put under the broiler to brown the cheese.