2 lbs whole mushrooms
1 lb ground pork sausage
¼ cup pine nuts, chopped
¼ cup black olives, chopped
¾ cup Pecorino Romano cheese, divided
2 garlic gloves, chopped
2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
2 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
1 Tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
½ cup olive oil, divided
2 cups DelGrosso Roasted Garlic Sauce
1 cup Italian seasoned panko
2 Tbsp butter
- salt and pepper to taste
• Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
• Mix sausage, pine nuts, olives, ½ cup of cheese, garlic, parsley, basil, thyme, 2 Tbsp of olive oil, salt and pepper in mixing bowl until well-blended.
• Melt butter in small sauce pan. Add panko, and stir until browned.
• Remove stems from each mushroom and make a hole for stuffing.
• Brush the outside of each mushroom with remaining oil and season with salt and pepper, place in a casserole dish with open end up, and season the insides with salt and pepper.
• Stuff mushrooms with the sausage mixture, top each with a spoonful of sauce, then sprinkle cheese and finish with toasted panko.
• Bake for 20 minutes.