1 pound cooked hot or mild Italian sausage cut into 1 inch pieces
1 jar DelGrosso Meat Flavored Sauce
1 quart beef stock
1 cup water
¼ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
• Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
• Sauté onions, celery, and carrots until soft. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and crushed red pepper.
• While vegetables are cooking, place lentils in a 6-quart stockpot with 3 quarts of water. Cook for 30 minutes.
• Drain lentils in a colander and return to stockpot.
• Add cooked sausage, sauce, water, beef stock, and vegetables.
• Bring to a boil then simmer on medium-low heat for one hour.